Entrepreneurship has been considered the backbone for socio economic development of Country. It has been well established that the level of economic growth of a region to a large extent, depends on the level of entrepreneurial activities in the region. A perceived lack of capabilities remains one of the most frequently cited barriers for people to start a business. It is a need to reduce the fear of failure through a combination of measures focused on awareness-raising, as well as providing knowledge and know-how that allow individuals to demonstrate resilience and persistence in the face of obstacles.
SRM college had signed MOU with MCED.
Dr. Anil Nerurkar, Vice Chairman of K.M.S.P. Mandal and his friends from USA are supporting the functioning of Entrepreneurship Guidance Centre.
Strategic partner : I CREATE
- I Create is a Non-Profit organization registered as a Trust with its Registered Office at 36/3, Sumeru Apartments, F-6, 4th Main, Vijaynagar Stage II, Bangalore 560104 and is affiliated to I Create, Inc. a Non Profit corporation incorporated in the year 2000 in the State of Delaware, U.S.A, with its global Headquarters in metro Washington DC area.
- I Create is an award-winning non-profit entrepreneurship & employability skills training organization and has technical partnership with New York based Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE), a highly reputable international entrepreneurship training organization. I Create has been in existence for the past 20 years and has centers in different parts of India.
- I Create’s mission is Creating Job Creators: economic empowerment of disadvantaged members of the society through entrepreneurial programs, access to capital and mentoring, and providing employability skills to poor communities.
- The programs are delivered using a highly effective, interactive methodology which not only helps higher knowledge retention, but instills a sense of confidence and ability to make decisions in less than perfect information environment, so necessary for an entrepreneur.
- I Create continues to develop and implement new and varied programs in furtherance of its mission and vision and impart international best practices tailored for Indian needs. These include, but are not limited to, mentoring methodology, handholding the new entrepreneur when he/she starts a business and ongoing support.